Tipton Lakes Community Association is hiring a Marina Manager for 2021. This is a new, salaried position with no benefits, and it will be a seasonal position from mid-April until the end of September. The hours will include nights and weekends.
MARINA MANAGER DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Hire, train and supervise all seasonal marina staff. Organize and provide operations and safety training to all marina staff. This includes a minimum of one shift of shadowing before new
employees are eligible to be placed on the schedule.
- Issue keys and marina shirts to all seasonal staff.
- Determine shift responsibilities list and monitor successful completion.
- Schedule staff for Marina coverage during operating hours as set by the Lake Maintenance Committee. Review timecards.
- Cover for Marina Staff that call in sick or do not show up for work.
- Coordinate repairs of Association owned boats and equipment by outside contractors as needed.
- Coordinate and participate in taking Association boats out of storage at the beginning of the season and returning to storage at the end of the season.
- Inventory and give a list of needed supplies to the Executive Director.
- Manage reservations and PayPal.
- Implement policies as set by the Board.
- Facilitate group reservations for outdoor and indoor areas in conjunction with the Office.
- Sell boat permits, trailer permits, pool passes, etc. in conjunction with the Office.
- Take reservations and rent boats to Association members.
- Facilitate dock and t-rack rental, assigning docks and collecting fees.
- Provide emergency service to members as needed including (but not limited to) towing disabled boats and pumping excessive water from member-owned boats docked at the Marina.
MAINTENANCE AND CLEANING
- Work from a Marina Staff Responsibilities List in completing necessary duties to assure cleanliness of the Marina and Association Office areas including lower level, docks, beach, picnic areas,
patio, and parking areas.
- Provide general upkeep of Association owned boats and equipment.
MONITORING LAKES AND MARINA AREA
- Monitor lake-use by members and attempted lake use by non-members, enforcing Board policy.
- Audit boats and other watercraft items for current sticker.
- Monitor lakes for debris and weed problems.
Marina season will officially start on May 1, 2021. Prior to this date, we will hold interviews for available Marina positions. You do not have to be a Member of Tipton Lakes to apply. These positions are part-time with an average of twenty to thirty hours per week, with pay starting at $10.00 per hour. Hours worked include weekends, evenings, and holidays.